Our mission at Rolling Bones Outdoors is to provide you with the tools, training and motivation to dramatically improve your marksmanship and professionalism in the outdoor shooting sports and on your hunting adventures. For hunters, this course will dramatically improve your ability to make an accurate and humane extending range shot in the field. The course will be held in the classroom and in the field at an extended range shooting facility. Here you will learn proper firearm safety techniques, ballistics, MOA, and how to compensate for the variables of temperature, terrain and wind. This academy includes: Rolling Bones Precision Shooting Course Manual, Rolling Bones Precision Range Journal, Rolling Bones Scoring Tape, Rolling Bones Window Decal, Hunt Brochures, RBO hat & t-shirt, 2 Days at the Range with a Personal Instructor, Friday night dinner, Saturday light breakfast, bagged lunch, and Saturday dinner. Sunday light breakfast, and bagged lunch. Sunday night dinners will not be provided. Instructors will discuss what to look for in a Long Range capable shooting system. This includes: *Equipment selection and design-how to maximize the potential of what you already own *Action Selection and Barrel twist *Chambering Pros and Cons of a muzzle break, *Proper stock selection and fit *Trigger control *Minutes of Angle and Reticle choice *Creating a DOPE sheet *Rangefinders *Atmospherics and how it affects your shot *Shooting at angles, *Shooting positions: Prone, kneeling, sitting, freehand and field positions *How to build up a secure rear rest *How to setup your gun to fit you properly *Natural point of aim *Proper Cheek Weld *Recoil Management *Follow through *Bullet Selection Shot Placement-anatomical considerations *Wound Cavity Wind, how to read it and compensate for it *Video Analysis of long range shots *Bipods and Shooting sticks *Ammo Selection-ballistic coefficient and terminal effects *Gear Choices for the long range hunter. We will meet at Rolling Bones 305 Seaton Circle, Spearfish, SD every morning and drive to the shooting course location.
- Course Catalog #: RBSDSA-02
- *Participants will be required to provide their own transportation to shooting schools.*
- Notepad and pen/pencils
- Shooting Mat
- Bug Repellant
- Daypack with snacks
- Stoney Point shooting sticks, (we never go anywhere without the collapsable sticks) they take up minimal room, and weigh very little.
- Eye Pro (required) Ear Pro (required, we recommend electronic: It allows you to hear verbal commands but offers outstanding hearing protection. Sport Ear is what the instructors wear)
- You will need to get hotel accommodations in Spearfish, SD. Hampton Inn 240 N 27th Street, Spearfish, SD 57783 (605) 642-3003 Holiday Inn & Convention Center, 305 N 27th Street, Spearfish, SD 57783 (605) 642-4683
- This course goes on rain or shine so bring clothing appropriate for any range of conditions we might encounter. Rain gear, and layers are recommended.
- Spotting scope with tripod (not necessary, but students may bring their own if desired)
If you would like to bring your own rifle there are a few things we will need to correspond with the home office. We will need to know the Rifle make and model. The type, caliber, and grains of bullet you are bringing. If you know the twist rate and scope height of your rig please include that, if not we will show you how to acquire that information during the school. Email Kelli at: email@example.com with a Subject Title of SHOOTING COURSE.
2023 Dates (required)
T-Shirt Size (required)
June 10, 2022 - June 18, 2023
- Member Price: $2,200
- Non-Member Price: $2,500
Students can expect to shoot up 1000 yards and beyond during this course. On average students will shoot 200 rounds.
Spearfish, South Dakota, United States of America
Deposit 80% refundable 6 months prior to start date. 40% refundable 1 month prior to start date. No refunds under 1 month of the start date.