- Gear List
This is a horseback wilderness adventure of a lifetime. Here is your opportunity to to harvest a trophy Canadian moose, the goal is to shoot 50+" moose. The elk is a 6 point minimum in this area and the bulls typically are 300" and can go up to 350 " bulls. Be in great shape to get to the next ridge for a 50"+ trophy goat opportunity. Take black bear or add to your combo with 6-7.5 ft bears. 10 day hunt with 1x1 guiding, tent camp accommodations and meals.
- Species: Rocky Mountain Goat
- Average Classification: 8 - 11
- Shot Opportunity: 70
- Weapons: Muzzleloader, Rifle, Archery
- Hunt Catalog #: BC001-5G
- Tag Availability: Over The Counter
11+"trophy goat opportunity
September 13, 2020 - September 22, 2021
- Member Price: $15,800.00
- Non-Member Price: $15,800.00
50% deposit with balance due to the outfitter 60 days prior to the hunt date. $15,765.00 total cost includes licenses, tags and GST (may vary be year and BC increases)
Northern BC, British Columbia, Canada
Deposit 80% refundable 1 year prior to hunt date. 40% refundable 6 months prior to hunt date. No refunds under 6 months of the hunt date.
This is a horseback wilderness adventure of a lifetime. 10 day hunt with 1x1 guiding.
HuntX Scale (Low 1 - 5 High)
- Lodging & Accommodations: Backpack Tent?
Lodging & Accommodations Scale
5 - Cabin/Lodge
4 - Bunk House/Trailer
3 - Wall Tent
2 - Backpack Tent
1 - Client Provided/Hotel
Our main camp at Stoney Lake is set up with a lot of modern amenities. Comfortable heated sleeping cabins, good dining facilities, and hot showers. Huguenot Camp is equipped with 4 cabins heated by would stove for hunters and guides. There also is a beautiful log main cabin where everyone eats and gets together talk about the day’s hunt. Our Horseback hunts are based out of our Belcourt Camp, from there you may ride to one or more of our outpost cabins situated through the mountain valleys. It is important to be able to get dry and warm, this is a hunt but it is also a vacation.
- Menu & Food: Field Kitchen?
Menu & Food Scale
5 - 5 Star Catered
4 - Full Kitchen
3 - Field Kitchen
2 - Backpack Food
1 - Client Provided
Meals prepared in camp. If you spike out after a spotted animal you an expect to use backpack amenities.
- Physical Conditions: Extreme Back Country?
Physical Conditions Scale:
5 - All Vehicle Access
4 - Light Hiking
3 - Moderate Hiking
2 - Heavy Hiking
1 - Extreme Back Country
This is a physically demanding hunt. We utilize horses although the better physical shape you are in, the more enjoyable your experience will be and the better odds you will have.
Transportation (To/From Basecamp)
Book your flight to Grande Prairie Airport (YQU), in Alberta. From here transportation is provided to and from our hunting camps in British Columbia.
- Lodging & Accommodations
- Menu & Food
- Physical Conditions
All hunts: firearm (must be .24 caliber or greater with at least an 18.5″ barrel) extra ammunition at least 40 rounds (airlines are hard on rifles you may need to adjust rifle) hard gun case (durable enough to withstand airline abuse) sleeping bag personal first aid kit (optional) personal hygienic gear (shaving kit, soap, etc.…) hunting gear (knife, binos, game calls, scents, etc.…) camouflage hunting apparel (including a spare set if available) rain gear and small day pack waterproof boots, rubber boots, and camp shoes
What Outfitter Provides
List to be provided by outfitter
What to Bring
- waterproof boots, rubber boots, and camp shoes
- rain gear and small day pack
- camouflage hunting apparel (including a spare set if available)
- hunting gear (knife, binos, game calls, scents, etc.…)
- personal hygienic gear (shaving kit, soap, etc.…)
- personal first aid kit (optional)
- sleeping bag
- hard gun case (durable enough to withstand airline abuse)
- extra ammunition at least 40 rounds (airlines are hard on rifles you may need to adjust rifle)
- firearm (must be .24 caliber or greater with at least an 18.5″ barrel)
- 20 Quart Badlands Cooler
- Big Frig 45 Quart Badlands Cooler
- King's Camo Men's 8-Piece XKG Package
- Mountain Extreme
- Mountain Guide
- RBO Mountain Light Shooting System
- What Outfitter Provides
- What to Bring