- Gear List
Remote Rocky Mountain hunt areas provide trophy Mountain Goat opportunities. In the northern reaches of the planet, there are vast woodlands and soaring mountains. On the taiga of British Columbia stand some of the most amazing landscapes on planet Earth. With the Rocky Mountains towering over all and forests as far as the eye can, divided only by roaring rivers and ravines, it’s easy to see why so many people are eager to visit British Columbia every year. One particularly exciting way to experience British Columbia is on a British Columbia mountain goat hunt.
- Species: Rocky Mountain Goat
- Average Classification: 8 - 10
- Shot Opportunity: 70
- Weapon: Rifle
- Hunt Catalog #: BC001-4
- Tag Availability: Over The Counter
B&C Book potential trophy class (10.5")
January 01, 2021 - January 22, 2021
- Member Price: $15,500.00
- Non-Member Price: $17,000.00
10 Day hunt This hunt books out years in advance. Price includes tags and taxes.
Northern Rocky Mountains, British Columbia, Canada
Deposit 80% refundable 1 year prior to hunt date. 40% refundable 6 months prior to hunt date. No refunds under 6 months of the hunt date.
Mountain goats spend most of its days on sheer rock faces and rock outcroppings, so you'll need to be in good physical shape for this hunt. Remote Rocky Mountain hunt areas provide opportunities at trophy class Billies.
HuntX Scale (Low 1 - 5 High)
- Lodging & Accommodations: Cabin/Lodge?
Lodging & Accommodations Scale
5 - Cabin/Lodge
4 - Bunk House/Trailer
3 - Wall Tent
2 - Backpack Tent
1 - Client Provided/Hotel
Our Horseback hunts are based out of our Belcourt Camp, from there you may ride to one or more of our outpost cabins situated through the mountain valleys. In some cases It is important to be able to get dry and warm, this is a hunt but it is also a vacation.
- Menu & Food: Field Kitchen?
Menu & Food Scale
5 - 5 Star Catered
4 - Full Kitchen
3 - Field Kitchen
2 - Backpack Food
1 - Client Provided
Meals prepared in camp. If you spike out after a spotted animal you can expect to use backpack amenities.
- Physical Conditions: Extreme Back Country?
Physical Conditions Scale:
5 - All Vehicle Access
4 - Light Hiking
3 - Moderate Hiking
2 - Heavy Hiking
1 - Extreme Back Country
This is a physically demanding hunt! We utilize horses and it is best to take time to ride some horses before coming on this hunt. The more prepared you are physically and mentally, the more enjoyable your experience will be and the better odds you will have. Don't be afraid to contact the outfitter to discuss what you can expect.
Transportation (To/From Basecamp)
Book your flight to Grande Prairie Airport (YQU), in Alberta. From here transportation is provided to and from our hunting camps in British Columbia. Please arrive before noon the day before the hunt start date. This allows for ample time to settle in and check rifles before the hunt begins.
- Lodging & Accommodations
- Menu & Food
- Physical Conditions
What to Bring All hunts: firearm (must be .24 caliber or greater with at least an 18.5″ barrel) extra ammunition at least 40 rounds (airlines are hard on rifles you may need to adjust rifle) hard gun case (durable enough to withstand airline abuse) sleeping bag personal first aid kit (optional) personal hygienic gear (shaving kit, soap, etc.…) hunting gear (knife, binos, game calls, scents, etc.…) camouflage hunting apparel (including a spare set if available) rain gear and mid-size pack that you can ride a horse with Inreach communication device
What Outfitter Provides
List to be provided by outfitter
What to Bring
- inreach communication device
- rain gear and mid-size pack that you can ride a horse with
- Headlamp and batteries
- Waterproof hiking boots, gaiters
- rain gear and small day pack
- camouflage hunting apparel (including a spare set if available)
- hunting gear (knife, binos, game calls, scents, etc.…)
- personal hygienic gear (shaving kit, soap, etc.…)
- personal first aid kit (optional)
- sleeping bag
- hard gun case (durable enough to withstand airline abuse)
- extra ammunition at least 40 rounds (airlines are hard on rifles you may need to adjust rifle)
- firearm (must be .24 caliber or greater with at least an 18.5″ barrel)
- 20 Quart Badlands Cooler
- Big Frig 45 Quart Badlands Cooler
- Mountain Extreme
- Mountain Guide
- RBO Mountain Light Shooting System
- What Outfitter Provides
- What to Bring