- Gear List
Create your dream 10 day Alaskan Trophy Combo Hunt. Choose 2 species, with trophy fees included, from Dall sheep, moose, grizzly bear, caribou or black bear. Additional animals may be added for a trophy fee. Outpost camps provide comfortable accommodations in either cabin or deluxe tent camp including electricity, shower & heat. All deluxe outpost camps use of ATV/UTV/Jet Boat for transportation and hauling your trophies out. UTV Ranger 6X6s can even be used on sheep hunts to reduce some climbing and provide more hunting time. Two Master Guides/Commercial Pilots that are longtime Alaska Residents have 30+ years of delivering success on Alaska Range hunts in this area. Professional guides. In 2018 the most recent hired has been with us 6 years. On call Professional Pilot, multiple in house aircraft Super Cubs to Cessnas, Guides carry SAT phones, Hunt dates are August 30 - September 10 or September 10 - 21 annually.
- Species: Canada Moose
- Average Classification: 200 - 250
- Shot Opportunity: 95
- Weapons: Archery, Muzzleloader, Rifle
- Hunt Catalog #: AK003-1-20-Moose
- Tag Availability: Draw And Landowner Voucher
All species Trophy hunts Trophy Moose average 62-65 inches Grizzly 7-8 feet Large Caribou often making Boone and Crockett Dall Sheep 36-41 inches Plentiful black bears (limit is 3 per hunter)
August 30, 2020 - September 10, 2020
- Member Price: $37,500.00
- Non-Member Price: $42,465.00
Upgrade with additional species for: Dall sheep, brown/grizzly bear, or moose $7500. Caribou $3500, black bear $1200. Wolf/wolverine at no extra charge. 50% deposit w/balance due to outfitter 60 days prior to hunt.
Non Hunter/Videographer $6500 Ask about Family hunts and adding animals
Alaska Range, Alaska, United States of America
Deposit 80% refundable 1 year prior to hunt date. 40% refundable 6 months prior to hunt date. No refunds under 6 months of the hunt date.
More information regarding the experience available upon request from your Personal Concierge Adventure Specialist. Hunters choice of 2 species on this 1x1 guided,10 day combo hunt. Guides have 30+ years of experiencing high success on this Alaska Range adventure. Customize your hunt with either backpack/tent camp or Deluxe cabin outpost camp with electricity, shower and Polaris 6-wheeler transportation in best sheep camp location. Upgrade hunt with trophy fee on additional species.
HuntX Scale (Low 1 - 5 High)
- Lodging & Accommodations: Cabin/Lodge?
Lodging & Accommodations Scale
5 - Cabin/Lodge
4 - Bunk House/Trailer
3 - Wall Tent
2 - Backpack Tent
1 - Client Provided/Hotel
Outpost camps provide comfortable accommodations in either cabin or deluxe tent camp including electricity, shower & heat. More information regarding lodging and accommodations are available upon request from your Personal Concierge Adventure Specialist.
- Menu & Food: Field Kitchen?
Menu & Food Scale
5 - 5 Star Catered
4 - Full Kitchen
3 - Field Kitchen
2 - Backpack Food
1 - Client Provided
Quality food and plenty of it. Food is the fuel that keeps us going on a successful hunt. Home cooked meals from our chef at the lodge to hot lunches in the field will provide the necessary calories and the enhance your hunting experience.
- Physical Conditions: Heavy Hiking?
Physical Conditions Scale:
5 - All Vehicle Access
4 - Light Hiking
3 - Moderate Hiking
2 - Heavy Hiking
1 - Extreme Back Country
Our Outpost camps and the UTV/Jet Boat minimize the approach walking. Most of Alaska is tundra. Soft, brushy, muskeg swamp, rocky stream beds and gravel bars, difficult walking. Our use of vehicles saves your legs and energy for the actual hunt and stalk.
Transportation (To/From Basecamp)
All flying including the charter from Anchorage is included. Once you arrive at the lodge all flying is in the outfitters professionally maintained aircraft. All deluxe outpost camps use of ATV/UTV/Jet Boat for transportation and hauling your trophies out. UTV Polaris 6X6 Rangers can even be used on sheep hunts to reduce some climbing and provide more hunting time. More information regarding transportation is available upon request from your Personal Concierge Adventure Specialist.
- Lodging & Accommodations
- Menu & Food
- Physical Conditions
More information regarding the gear is available upon request from your Personal Concierge Adventure Specialist HUNTING CHECKLIST NOTE: Most game is taken at 200 yards or less. A shot over 400 on sheep is occasionally required, moose normally under 200, bears 100-150 yards. □ Scoped Rifle □ Ammunition (40 Rounds min.) □ Gun Cleaning Kit □ Hard Gun Case (for airline travel) □ Bow with extra assorted parts (e.g, string, clips, etc.) □ 2 Dozen Hunting Arrows □ Padded Soft Rifle Case for transport in Super Cub and on UTVs □ Binoculars (10X40), waterproof (Leupold, Leica, Zeiss or Swarovski) □ Phone with wall and car charger and extra cable □ Headlamp and spare (don’t forget batteries) □ Sleeping Bag, rated to 0°F -10 C (We recommend synthetic or dry down) □ Sleeping Pad □ Knife with sharpener PERSONAL GEAR □ Sunscreen and Lip Balm □ Shower Kit and Towel □ Watch and Alarm Clock □ Insect Repellent (100% Deet) □ Sunglasses □ Prescription Glasses or Contacts (two pair) □ Head Net □ Books or Magazines (for bad weather days) □ Drinking Water Bottle (1 Liter minimum) □ Backpack, 4500 cubic inches minimum. We use mountaineering quality internal frame packs for all hunting. CLOTHING □ Merino wool or synthetic Long Underwear (2-3 sets) □ Pants, 3 pair (no cotton for field use) □ Shirts, 4 (2 heavyweight, 2 lightweight) □ fleece jacket or sweater windstopper is preferred □ Socks, 6-8 pair (2 pair midweight/heavy wool) □ Vest □ Puffy warm coat with a hood, synthetic or dridown □ ¾ Length Rain Coat and Rain Pants (Helly Hansen Impertech long guide coat works best,or other 100% waterproof fabric) □ Warm Hat with ear flaps □ Gloves or Mittens, 2 pair FOOT WEAR □ Gortex stocking foot hip boots, with Hiking boots sized to wear over the hippers and a pair of gaiters we use Outdoor Research Crocodiles. THIS SYSTEM WORKS! If you decide to bring something else you are at your own risk. Call with questions. We can help you with the boot system. Almost 30 years in Alaska guiding has proven this boot system. □ Camp Shoes (comfortable slip-ons, Crocs work great) □ Gaiters – Required on all hunts with Goretex Hipboots DUE TO THE DISTANCE OFF OF THE ROAD SYSTEM, ALL GOODS AND BAGGAGE MUST BE BROUGHT TO CAMP BY SMALL AIRCRAFT. SUIT CASES, RIGID CAMERA CASES AND HARD GUN CASES WILL NOT BE FLOWN OUT TO CAMP. IF YOU ARE TAKING MEDICATION PLEASE BRING 2-3 TIMES THE AMOUNT YOU NORMALLY TAKE (i.e, IF YOU TAKE 2 TABLETS PER WEEK, BRING 6 TABLETS). RAIN GEAR & OPTICS SHOULD BE OF THE BEST QUALITY. Camp is BYOB so feel free to bring your favorite adult beverage
What Outfitter Provides
List to be provided by outfitter
What to Bring
- ❏ Underwear (1 pair per day) ❏ Base Layer Top and Bottom (2 – 3 pairs per week) *we suggest merino wool ❏ Lightweight Camo Jacket ❏ Windstopper Camo Jacket ❏ Midweight Camo Jacket ❏ Lightweight Camo Vest ❏ Lightweight Camo Shirt (3 – 5 per week) ❏ Lightweight Camo Pants (1-2 pair per week) ❏ Midweight Camo Pants (1 pair per week) ❏ Rain Gear ❏ Blaze Orange (rifle hunts) if required *check Regulations in the state you are hunting ❏ Lightweight Gloves ❏ Midweight Gloves ❏ Camo Cap ❏ Camo Stocking Cap or Camo Beanie ❏ Camo Headnet ❏ Lightweight Black Shirts (if you are in a blind) ❏ Lightweight Black Jacket (if you are in a blind) ❏ Hunting Boots ❏ Socks (1 pair per day) ❏ Liner Socks (1 pair per day) ❏ Boot Grease ❏ Extra Laces ❏ Camp Shoes ❏ Stalking Shoes ❏ Knee Pads ❏ Decoy ❏ Ground Blind ❏ Folding Chair ❏ Bow Holder ❏ Day Pack ❏ Water Bottle ❏ Large Backpack ❏ Wind Direction Indicator ❏ Flashlight ❏ Headlamp ❏ Hunting Knife ❏ Multi-Tool ❏ Topo Maps or Mobile Mapping Software ❏ GPS ❏ Scent Elimination Spray ❏ Water Bladder (2L) ❏ Fire Starter Kit ❏ Game Bags ❏ Caping Salt ❏ Dry Bag ❏ Game Cart (DIY) ❏ Binoculars (Quality 8’s or 10’s) ❏ Spotting Scope ❏ Tripod ❏ Rangefinder ❏ Bino Harness ❏ Phone Skope – Mount your phone to your optics ❏ Lens Cloth and Cleaning Equipment ❏ De-fogger Rifle ❏ Rifle (appropriate size for the game you are hunting) ❏ Shells (at least one box) ❏ Scope (with rain cover) ❏ Sling ❏ Shooting Sticks ❏ Soft Rifle Case ❏ Hard Rifle Case ❏ Gun Cleaning Kit
- 20 Quart Badlands Cooler
- Big Frig 45 Quart Badlands Cooler
- King's Camo Men's 9-Piece XKG Package
- Mountain Extreme
- Mountain Guide
- XKG Covert Hoodie
- What Outfitter Provides
- What to Bring