- Gear List
This Outfitter is known for providing a hunt of a lifetime. Outfitter has exclusive rights to over 95,000 square acres of private land, backed up to the Katmai National Park. You may have seen the bears on the water falls catching salmon while jumping up the falls. These bears travel to our drainage after all the salmon are done running up that falls. They come to our hunting area, looking for more salmon to eat before denning up for a long winters sleep. We can brag that we have a 98% success rate on our Spring and Fall hunts. We average 10' bears every year. This is an over the counter Bear Tag so you don't have to be putting in for a draw every year and hope that your name gets pulled. Our Master Guide has been guiding Brown bears in this area for over 50 years and has an exceptional record and safety record. People come to us when all other hunts have failed.
- Species: Brown Bear
- Average Classification: 8 - 11
- Shot Opportunity: 90
- Weapons: Rifle, Archery
- Hunt Catalog #: RBFSO-0002
- Tag Availability: Over The Counter
We average 10' Bears every hunt
Must have minimum 300 mag with 200 grain bullet.
Hunt Season (required)
May 10, 2020 - May 20, 2023
- Member Price: $26,500.00
- Non-Member Price: $29,500.00
*PRICE FOR A SPRING BEAR HUNT. *6 SPOTS AVAILABLE FOR FALL 2021
Option for a non-hunter. Option for a fall bear hunt.
Iliamna, Alaska, United States of America
Deposit 80% refundable 1 year prior to hunt date. 40% refundable 6 months prior to hunt date. No refunds under 6 months of the hunt date.
Hunting Brown Bear is very dangerous, we hunt alongside lakes and rivers that millions of salmon come to spawn in every fall. Brown Bear are ferocious and will hunt a human if hungry enough. All of our Guides have a minimum of 3 years experience under our Master Guide before guiding solo in the field. We strive to keep our average at 98% every year, and average 20 to 30 bear sightings in a 10 day hunt. Sometimes in the fall we will see this many in a day. During our spring hunts there is more hiking involved, because we are watching for the Boars to come out of the dens on the hillside to hunt the cubs and sows.
HuntX Scale (Low 1 - 5 High)
- Lodging & Accommodations: Backpack Tent?
Lodging & Accommodations Scale
5 - Cabin/Lodge
4 - Bunk House/Trailer
3 - Wall Tent
2 - Backpack Tent
1 - Client Provided/Hotel
Comfortable wall tent with cot and stove.
- Menu & Food: Field Kitchen?
Menu & Food Scale
5 - 5 Star Catered
4 - Full Kitchen
3 - Field Kitchen
2 - Backpack Food
1 - Client Provided
We mix up our menu with Mountain house and real food.
- Physical Conditions: Heavy Hiking?
Physical Conditions Scale:
5 - All Vehicle Access
4 - Light Hiking
3 - Moderate Hiking
2 - Heavy Hiking
1 - Extreme Back Country
Hunter will be responsible for some heavy hiking during this hunt. Physically fit will allow for more shot opportunity.
Transportation (To/From Basecamp)
Clients are responsible for airfare to Iliamna Alaska, and then a charter from Iliamna to the lodge. We will assist with booking the charter flight from Iliamna to the lodge.
- Lodging & Accommodations
- Menu & Food
- Physical Conditions
Gear is limited to 60 lbs for each hunter, suitcases and hard cases are not allowed. We have our clients either put it in a back pack or duffle bag.
What Outfitter Provides
- Wall tent
- Float plane
What to Bring
- Personal toiletries (toothbrush, medication, etc)
- Bug net
- Hiking Boots (Recomended Kenetrek Hardscrabble, or Safari) Break new boots in before coming to Alaska, and wear Boots while traveling on the airlines.
- Light weight gloves (Recomend XKG Lightwieght Gloves)
- Hunting Pants 1 pair (Recomend Lone Peak Pant)
- Sleeping Bag (recomend XKG Summit 0 Degree Mummy Bag)
- Crocks or sandals for camp shoes
- Head Lamp
- Eating utensils
- Binoculars & rangefinder- Recommended Leica
- Hunting License, harvest ticket/permit in ziploc bag
- Trekking poles
- Personal water filter bottle
- Reading Material
- Rain Gear (Recommend XKG Windstorm Rain Jacket and Pants)
- XKG Leg Gaiters
- Long Sleeve shirt (Recommended Hunter series long sleeve shirt)
- Hiking Boots (Recomended Kenetrek Hardscrabble, or Safari)
- Muck boots or extra tuffs (put these on when you get to Iliamna)
- Personal toiletries
- Soft rifle case (when you get to Anchorage you will be required to leave your hard airline case at the air charter office and put rifle in soft case for the flight to Iliamna and to camp)
- 20 Quart Badlands Cooler
- Big Frig 45 Quart Badlands Cooler
- King's Camo Men's 8-Piece XKG Package
- Mountain Extreme
- Mountain Guide
- RBO Mountain Light Shooting System
- What Outfitter Provides
- What to Bring