- Gear List
One of Alaskas premiere guide operations. This outfitter strives to give their clients a trip of a lifetime, and to leave Alaska with memories that will last forever. Their guides are your pilots, they are commercial pilots and have been flying Alaska for 30 plus years. This hunt is located in-between 2 of Alaska's largest National Parks, the Moose in these hunting areas are remarkable animals. They are about twice as heavy as a majority of Alaskas moose population, they will average over 700 lbs of meat on the bone, where as the smaller moose found across the state will weigh in at around 400 lbs. on the bone. Outfitter utilizes PA-18 Super Cubs and Cessna 185 float equipped aircraft. They also have zodiac rafts, and a Rokon 2x2 for getting up close to those moose that might just be a bit far for hiking.
- Species: Alaska Yukon Moose
- Average Classification: 55 - 70
- Shot Opportunity: 90
- Weapons: Rifle, Muzzleloader, Archery
- Hunt Catalog #: RBFSO-0003
- Tag Availability: Over The Counter
State of Alaska requires that the moose in this area be at least 50" wide or have at least 4 brow tines.
September 04, 2020 - September 15, 2023
- Member Price: $22,500.00
- Non-Member Price: $25,000.00
Option for a non-hunter.
Iliamna, Alaska, United States of America
$2000.00 non refundable deposit, may be used for following season.
This Outfitter will give you the experience of a lifetime, the area that you will hunt is some of the most pristine Alaska scenery that you will encounter. You will see Brown Bear, Black Bear, Eagles and of course Moose aka Swamp Donkeys! Outfitter willl pick you up in Iliamna in their old PA-18 Super cub and fly a short 30 min flight to our moose camp, where you will spend the next 11 days hunting the largest ungulate in North America.
HuntX Scale (Low 1 - 5 High)
- Lodging & Accommodations: Backpack Tent?
Lodging & Accommodations Scale
5 - Cabin/Lodge
4 - Bunk House/Trailer
3 - Wall Tent
2 - Backpack Tent
1 - Client Provided/Hotel
Outfitter set up their camps so that everyone is comfortable out in the wilderness. It has been said that the camps are Alaskas only 5 star camp.
- Menu & Food: Field Kitchen?
Menu & Food Scale
5 - 5 Star Catered
4 - Full Kitchen
3 - Field Kitchen
2 - Backpack Food
1 - Client Provided
They will send out a food list to all our clients a few months before the hunt to make sure we don't have anything that you can't eat. Their head guide has been to culinary school and knows how to make a meal! We alternate meals, Mountain house one night then a real meal the next.
- Physical Conditions: Moderate Hiking?
Physical Conditions Scale:
5 - All Vehicle Access
4 - Light Hiking
3 - Moderate Hiking
2 - Heavy Hiking
1 - Extreme Back Country
You are coming to hunt Alaska for a trip of a lifetime. They encourage people to start walking before the hunt so that you will enjoy your hunt. They also recommend putting a back pack on and slowly add weight each week as you are preparing for the hunt.
Transportation (To/From Basecamp)
Clients are responsible for transportation to Alaska and from Anchorage to Iliamna. They will pick you up in Iliamna in their planes and take you to camp. After the hunt is complete they will take you back to Iliamna to catch your flight to Anchorage.
- Lodging & Accommodations
- Menu & Food
- Physical Conditions
Hunters are expected to follow their gear list. They have been hunting Alaska all of their lives and know what is a necessity and what is not needed. Due to the fact that we fly you out in a small aircraft (2 seater) They limit clients to 70 lbs of gear, not including rifle or bow. Suit cases and hard cases are not allowed. A back pack or duffle bag is required.
What Outfitter Provides
- Wall tent
- Sleeping pad
- All meals
What to Bring
- Binoculars and rangefinder- Recommended Leica
- Head Lamp
- Crocks or sandals for camp shoes
- XKG Leg Gaiters
- Hiking Boots (Recomended Kenetrek Hardscrabble, or Safari) Break new boots in before coming to Alaska, and wear Boots while traveling on the airlines.Where your hunting boots on airline
- Personal toiletries (toothbrush, medication, etc)
- 5 pair sock
- Knife (Recomend Outdoor Edge with replaceable Blades)
- Head Lamp with extra batteries (if you have a rechargable one bring a battery Brick)
- Camping eating and drinking utensils
- Lone Peak Pant) 2 Long Sleeve Shirt (Recommend Hunter Series Long Sleeve Shirt)
- ain Gear (Recomend XKG Windstorm Rain Jacket and Pants)
- Hunting License, harvest ticket/permit in ziplock bag
- Trekking poles
- Personal water filter bottle
- Reading Material
- Sleeping Bag (recomend XKG Summit 0 Degree Mummy Bag)
- Light weight gloves (Recomend XKG Lightwieght Gloves)
- Bug net
- Soft rifle case (when you get to Anchorage you will be required to leave your hard airline case at the air charter office and put rifle in soft case for the flight to Iliamna and to camp)
- Weapon of choice with 40 rounds of ammunition (or 12 arrows with appropriate broadheads)
- Light Weight Hip Boots
- Ball Cap and a Stocking cap
- Hunting Pants 2 pair (Recomend Lone Peak Pant)
- Hunting Jacket (Recomended XKG Lone Peak Jacket)
- Tactacam 5.0 Package (Recommended to catch your hunt)
- 20 Quart Badlands Cooler
- Big Frig 45 Quart Badlands Cooler
- King's Camo Men's 8-Piece XKG Package
- Mountain Extreme
- Mountain Guide
- XKG Covert Hoodie
- What Outfitter Provides
- What to Bring