- Gear List
This outfitter provides a service can pack your hunting party up to four people into the Bighorn Mountains for an archery deer or elk hunt in September. This is a great way for hunters that would like to hunt on their own. Outfitter can also pack out meat for successful hunters. Option for outfitter to set up wall tent or bring your own. This is price per hunter.
- Species: Rocky Mountain Elk
- Average Classification: 260 - 270
- Shot Opportunity: 70
- Weapons: Rifle, Archery
- Hunt Catalog #: RBBo-0009
- Tag Availability: Draw
January 20, 2020 - October 31, 2023
- Member Price: $2,500.00
- Non-Member Price: $3,000.00
Bighorn Mountains, Wyoming, United States of America
Deposit 80% refundable 1 year prior to hunt date. 40% refundable 6 months prior to hunt date. No refunds under 6 months of the hunt date.
Outfitter will pack your hunting party up to four people into the Bighorn Mountains for an archery deer or elk hunt in September. This is a great way for hunters that would like to hunt on their own. Outfitter will also pack out meat for successful hunters. Using this service will allow you to get deep into the Bighorn mountains away from crowded areas to find bigger animals. Hunter can discuss with Outfitter how long they would like to hunt to arrange for pack outs.
HuntX Scale (Low 1 - 5 High)
- Lodging & Accommodations: Client Provided?
Lodging & Accommodations Scale
5 - Cabin/Lodge
4 - Bunk House
3 - Trailer
2 - Wall Tent
1 - Client Provided
Options to have outfitter set up wall tent if Hunter prefers.
- Menu & Food: Client Provided?
Menu & Food Scale
5 - 5 Star Catered
4 - Full Kitchen
3 - Field Kitchen
2 - Backpack Food
1 - Client Provided
Hunter will be responsible for their own meals.
- Physical Conditions: Extreme Back Country?
Physical Conditions Scale:
5 - All Vehicle Access
4 - Light Hiking
3 - Moderate Hiking
2 - Heavy Hiking
1 - Extreme Back Country
This hunt will be located deep in the Bighorn mountains.
Transportation (To/From Basecamp)
Hunter will be transported and picked up by Outfitter and horses. Length of time can be determined by the hunter.
- Lodging & Accommodations
- Menu & Food
- Physical Conditions
This is a DIY deer/elk camp where hunter will be responsible for their own gear. Outfitter will supply all horseback transportation and help pack out if you are successful.
What Outfitter Provides
- Horseback Transportation
- Pack out of harvested animals if successful
- Wall tent (if hunter doesn't prefer their own)
What to Bring
- Sleeping bag & pillow
- Good hunting boots
- Rifle (or bow) with 40 rounds ammunition (or 12 arrows with appropriate broadheads)
- Hunting clothing for moderate to warm conditions-layering system recommended
- Binoculars & Spotting scope
- Range Finder
- Game bags and & knives for skinning and quartering game
- Bear Defense
- What Outfitter Provides
- What to Bring